Sunday, December 23, 2007

My mom is in town now. She came down Friday and will be here for a week or so longer. She already gave us some of our gifts, as at least one was too big to try to hide from the kids, so we just opened it :P That big one was a breadmaker, and after opening it Friday night, I'm already making my second loaf of bread right now. Yesterday I made a loaf of cheese and cracked pepper bread. Right now I'm making a loaf of just regular white bread. It smells wonderful. She also got us a panini press that came with some olive oil and seasoning. She gave me this big green Japanese vase with cherry blossoms on it. GI Joe gave me a bottle of Miss Dior Cherie perfume the other day, and J also couldn't wait to give me his gift that he picked out all by himself, which was Burberry Brit perfume. He did a good job! The kids have already got a lot of stuff. Some books, clothes, a few purses and PJ sets for G and a new Dora blanket, J got a new stuffed animal and a penguin ornament, and I'm sure there was probably more that I can't think of. GI Joe and I are going to have a date night later this week :) Not sure where we are going to go, but probably to one of the new restaurants in town for dinner. Oh, and my new bag came in, but of course not without some hassle. It was supposed to have been delivered by FedEx on Friday by 7 p.m. Around 5, I saw a FedEx truck drive by the house a few times. Then right before 6, I decided to call and see where the hell my package was. I was told that it had indeed been received by our local FedEx, but it had not been put on the truck that morning. So I was pissed, because it was 2 day delivery, and she was now telling me that they could deliver it on Monday, to which I told her that was unacceptable, and asked if it was possible for me to pick it up myself, even though they were closing at 6. She called our FedEx (after telling me there was no phone number for them, that all she had was an extension to reach them), and they informed her that they could attempt to deliver it on Saturday, and that no I could not pick it up because they just don't do that. So I was like, ok whatever bring it tomorrow. But then I looked up a FedEx staffed facility (a Kinko's with FedEx service) and asked them if they had a phone number for the main FedEx location on whatever the hell street it was called that it's located on. And they did, so I got the number and called them. They told me that since they had such a large amount of freight come in that day, that I could come pick up my package since they weren't able to deliver it, if I could be there by 6:30. It was 6:08. So I headed out the door after putting on some jeans and leaving on my Dr. Pepper PJ t-shirt :P And I got there at 6:26, and got my damn package, with not much thanks to stupid FedEx.

2 comments:

Mo said...

And THAT is why you should use UPS, not that I'm biased just because they cut my husband a paycheck every week.

ummmhello said...

The hubs as I are having a date night this week, too. We're heading to one of the Brazilian steakhouses - I swear I gain 5lbs just walking past those places!
We also had some major issues with FedEx, DHL and UPS this holiday season....