Thursday, December 20, 2007

Let's see....I've been putting off a new entry, not that I really have anything much to say, but I'm trying to keep up with blogging more often- it feels nice to just babble on about nothing in particular, even if I'm just rambing on to myself :P G had been constipated, to the point of needing medication, so she has been taking miralax for the past 3 weeks or so, and everything is going smoothly now, heh. I had been cutting back the dose for the past week, and I guess I cut back a little too much too soon, because she had a little trouble one day, and we are trying to keep things as, uh, well, as soft as possible for a month or two so that she will forget about the pain associated with pooping. It had set her back on potty training, she was refusing to even try to sit on the potty while she was constipated. And she is now taking a slight interest in it again, so hopefully she'll be getting back on track with that soon. One of her Christmas gifts is a Disney Princess potty seat, and a Dora potty book, so that will probably help that move forward a great deal.
My mom is coming down tomorrow to visit for about a week and a half. That's always nice. There will be much cooking and baking to commence in the next few days. Mmm, I can't wait for chocolate chip cookies and snappernipples (that would be snickerdoodles to you regular folks :P), those are my 2 favorites that we make at Christmas. Oh, there is also something else coming tomorrow... a brand spanking new Louis Vuitton Monogram Mini Lin Speedy 30 in the color of Dune :
(I tried just adding a pic to the post, but it shows up at the beginning of the post, and well, that just doesn't work :P)
I must say, I have a confession: I've become a label whore. Yes, me. Miss anti-establishment, tattoo-covered, Rob Zombie-listening, coupon-clipping me. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not like one of those pretentious little spoiled rich bitches that gets a new designer item every week. I'm still the same old me, probably the exact opposite of who you would think would like this stuff. But I just like a little something "special" every now and then.
I of course have not wrapped any presents yet. I always wait til Christmas Eve, even though I know I'm risking one of the kids getting up and catching me lol but oh well.
In the world of my cooking adventures, I made stuffed peppers today. Kind of just made it up myself. I've never made them before. I looked up a couple of recipes online to get an idea of cooking time and temperature, and a general idea of ingredients. They turned out pretty damn good. The meat mixture could have used a bit more flavor, so I'll add a little more seasonings next time. But it's definitely something I'll make again, even the kids liked them. G ate almost a whole pepper all by herself, minus some of the stuffing, as she decided about halfway through that she only wanted only the pepper lol how is that for a backwards kid? Most kids would eat the filling and leave the pepper :P Not that I'm complaining. Tomorrow night, I'm going to make chicken enchiladas, another thing I've never done before, and another thing I'm going to make up :P





2 comments:

Mo said...

My buddy Tracy can duplicate pretty much anything she tastes. It's awesome!
Snappernipples, I'm totally stealing that for personal use!
I feel you on the LV, sometimes you can find things you like even if they're from a big label. It's okay, just tell yourself they're going to last longer than a cheap knock off. I have a hard time balancing the part of me that wants to dress like Jackie O with the part of me who wants to dress all psychobilly. The difficulties of growing up I guess.
Next time just click your cursor in front of the pic and hit enter, that'll free up space to type. Yes, I AM awesome, thank you for noticing.
Better keep posting, I can't add you to my blogroll until you get regular(hee hee, little costipation joke there)

ummmhello said...

Ahhh it's crazy... A) my older son ended up on Miralax, but it ended up causing diarrhea even at the lowest dose. AND he was potty training at the time so that was NOT GOOD :( Glad it's helping lil' G - constipation is not fun.
B) This tattooed, anti-establishment mom has ALSO turned into a label whore!!!! I wouldn't admit it to anyone else though ;) I just picked up a fabulous Kenneth Cole bag with silver studs to match my fav BCBG heels :)