Monday, January 7, 2008

GI Joe is in Texas. For 5 weeks. Yay. Need I remind anyone that he hasn't even been home for 4 months yet from being overseas for 6 months?? He'll be gone for his birthday, and for our anniversary, but he should be home around Valentine's Day. My mom had surgery on Friday morning. She had left here Monday to head home, and had been in pain most of the week (and prior to coming down), something was wrong with her neck/shoulders. Turns out, she had a ruptured disk in her neck. So they cut her throat open and went in from the front to fix it. Sounds fun. She's doing great though, she got to go home that night, and said that she actually felt better as soon as she woke up after the surgery, and can already tell a difference. I got a new cell phone. I lost my old one, but it was only a tracfone. I canceled with cingular/at&t a few months ago coz they pissed me off, and just went with a tracfone. But that didn't work out too well, I used way more minutes than I had expected. And now since I lost mine, I figure I might as well get a new phone with a new provider instead of wasting the money on another tracfone, and a year prepaid card, and a double minutes card, and blah blah. I went to T-Mobile, and got a handy dandy little motorola motokrzr K1. It has a music player, so I can upload songs from my computer to the phone, and listen to them through the phone itself (or headphones, or bluetooth). I love it already.
I really really want to blog more, and get to know the...well, like only 2 of you that have been reading me thus far :P And branch out and find more folks to read and stuff. I've just been a slacker the past couple of weeks, plain and simple. Holidays normally do that to me. Hell, my tree is still up, ornaments and all :)

3 comments:

Mo said...

Well, I added you to my blogroll so you might get a little more traffic. I'm sure my 1 1/2 regular readers will stop by,lol!
My dh will be gone again in about 6 months. I feel ya.
Our contract is about up and we are looking around to see if we want to change carriers. It's enough to make your head spin!

Mo said...

Oh yeah, and I saw Rotel at the commissary and bought it on the spot, even though I couldn't remember the rest of the puke dip ingredients at the time. Eventually I plan on having all the ingredients at the SAME TIME so I can actually make some!

ProzacPoet said...

Freaking military, gotta love to hate it, and hate to love it :P
Haha, you need to get yourself a green pepper, an onion, about a pound of ground beef, and a block of velveeta. Woot for puke dip! I made some for my mom around Christmas and she loved it.