Monday, December 10, 2007

While I'm thinking about it, and have typed it up for a friend anyhow, here is the recipe for the pancakes I made over the weekend:

Banana-Macadamia Nut Pancakes
Yield: 11 pancakes (it ended up making 12 in my batch)
3 points per pancake

Ingredients:1 and 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped ripe banana (about 2 small)
1 cup low fat buttermilk
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
cooking spray

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Combine banana and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk til smooth. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in macadamia nuts.Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto a hot nonstick griddle or skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook 1-2 minutes or til tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over, and cook 1-2 minutes or til bottoms are lightly browned.

4 comments:

Mo said...

yay-uh, you know I was waiting for this! thanks!

Also, what for the love of pete is Rotel?! Somewhere in my brain I think it's chili, but I'm not sure......

ProzacPoet said...

Yep, I figured you'd be keeping an eye out for me to post the recipe :P Let me know how you like them!
LOL Rotel is the brand name, the actual product is canned diced tomatoes with green chiles. I'm used to just calling them Rotel, I think it's the only thing Rotel makes lol :P

ummmhello said...

My favorite is spinach/artichoke dip and my husband insists it smells and looks like puke :)
Maybe I'll give those pancakes a try.....

Mo said...

I picked up a Jones Cream soda for dh(it was a Seahawks bottle and I'm a sucker). You weren't kidding too sweet! It was like trying to drink liquified cotton candy, blech!
Next time I promise to listen to you!