Friday, December 7, 2007

Tonight's dinner wasn't quite as good as I was hoping, but it wasn't terrible. I made a salmon salad nicoise from my 2008 Weight Watchers cookbook. I was really looking forward to trying the recipe, but I don't think it will become a favorite. The dressing turned out to be a little too sweet, so if I could tweak the dressing I think it would be super yummy. I think I'd make a dijon vinaigrette instead (the recipe calls for a dressing using stone ground mustard, white wine vinegar, honey, salt, and just a tad bit of olive oil). Tomorrow night is going to be Parmesan Ranch "Chik" patties, homemade onion rings and fried mushrooms, and possibly some fruit. Sunday I'm going to make Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes for lunch (we aren't awake for breakfast, my kids even sleep late :P) which is also a WW recipe. Dinner will be yet another WW recipe, I don't remember the exact name but something along the lines of crab cakes on spring mix salad with lemon vinaigrette. I've not made either of those recipes before, so hopefully they'll go better than tonight's endeavor. This was actually the first WW recipe that I have made that we didn't absolutely love. But as I said, it wasn't awful, and I'd try it again with some minor adjustments. I'd post the recipe, but I don't feel like getting my cookbook :P

1 comment:

Mo said...

Seafood of any sort=blech!
But
those pancakes sound like they've got me written all over 'em!!