Monday, March 17, 2008

Ok, so, I took my laptop in yesterday for service. It's been all screwed up for several weeks now. First, it was doing some crazy shit, I don't even remember exactly, but it wouldn't let me access certain files and programs and administrative shit, so that resulted in me wiping the whole damn thing clean and reloading everything. Some point during that, it started giving me power cord issues AGAIN. It would flash in and out of battery powere back and forth between battery and AC power, indicating to me that once again, the pin inside the motherboard where the AC adapter plugged into the back of the computer was loose AGAIN. This would be the 3rd time now I have had issues with that. First time, Gateway sent me a new power cord, thinking that something was wrong with the power cord. Well, luckily, that actually fixed it for a few months. Then it started again, and again they sent a new power cord. But it didn't fix the problem that time. So they had me send it it, expecting to have to replace the motherboard because of a loose pin. Which is what they did....thank goodness it was still under factor warranty. Again, problem solved.....again, for only a few months. So now, the factory warranty is out on it, but super smart me bought the 3 year extended warranty from Best Buy, so I took it in to my friendly neighborhood Geek Squad. They expect to have it for 7-14 days. I miss it dearly already, even though for the past few weeks I've not been able to use it very much, and hubby has had school work to do on his laptop (only about 6 more weeks and he is DONE, getting his degree!), and well, honestly, I hate our desktop. I hate clickety clackety desktop keyboards, and I hate just sitting in there in front of the computer with nothing else going on. When I'm on my laptop, I'm interwebbing, watching TV, playing with the kids and dog, cooking, flipping through a magazine.....any number of things that I need or want to also do at the time. But oh well. And now, my mind is ablank. So thus concludes this entry. :)

1 comment:

Mo said...

Our Gateway laptop died 6 months after the warranty did. And don't get me started on their customer no sevice. We steer clear of them since then.
We're getting dh a laptop for his deployment this summer, but finding just the right one is a pain in the azz.
I hope to hook our desktop up to our new TV(when we get it). Buy a wireless keyboard, sit back on the couch and go to town baby!
Glad to see you back!